Arrhythmias, Cardiac ablation procedures, Cardiovascular system, Heart beat, Heart disease, Cardiac electrophysiology, Ablation, Pacemaker, ICD implantation, Atrial fibrillation
S. Luke Kusmirek, MD, is board certified in cardiovascular medicine and clinical cardiac electrophysiology. He specializes in cardiac electrophysiology and sees patients with all types of heart rhythm abnormalities. His primary interest is in catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias, especially atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia, as well as percutaneous left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman procedure).
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology - Medical University of South Carolina (2005-2007)
- Cardiovascular Medicine - Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky (1996-1999)
- Clinical Research/Hypertension - Rush University Medical Center (1995-1996)
- Internal Medicine - Rush University Medical Center (1993-1995)
- Internal Medicine - St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL (1992-1993)