Preparing for Your Visit with Drexel Eye Physicians
At Drexel Eye Physicians we are committed to providing you with the best possible vision care experience. We strive to address your questions and concerns. One way that you can help to ensure that you get the most out of your appointment with your ophthalmologist is by preparing for your visit in advance.
Tips for Preparing for Your Appointment at Drexel Eye Physicians
- If this is your first appointment with Drexel Eye Physicians bring the completed New Patient Questionnaire with you.
Download New Patient Questionnaire [PDF].
- On the day of your visit, bring your insurance card and cardholder information, photo identification and payment for your co-pay.
- Make a list of medications and supplements that you are currently taking (including doses and frequency) and bring it with you.
- Develop a list of questions and any symptoms that you have (including where they are, how long they last and what aggravates or relieves them) and share it with your doctor or nurse practitioner.
- If you are nervous about your appointment or concerned that you may forget important information then bring a friend or a family member who can take notes, drive or ask questions.
About the Dilated Eye Exam
If this is your first visit to Drexel Eye Physicians, or a follow-up examination after a year or more, you will likely undergo a dilated eye exam. This exam will require a greater time commitment for pupil dilation, and you should be aware that your vision may be temporarily blurred for several hours and you may be more sensitive to bright light that day. Disposable sunglasses will be made available to you, but please make arrangements for transportation home if you are uncomfortable driving after a dilated exam.
Insurance Coverage Accepted by Drexel Eye Physicians
Should you have questions regarding your coverage, please speak with the Drexel Eye Physicians office at 215.762.3937.
Drexel Eye Physicians accepts major types of insurance including:
- Aetna USCH/HMO/POS/Medicare/Indemnity Plans
- Blue Shield PA
- Cigna HMO/PPO
- Horizon BCBS of New Jersey
- Keystone Health Plan East
- Keystone Health Plan East 65
- New Jersey Medicaid and NJ Medicaid HMO (Amerihealth Mercy)
- Pennsylvania Medicaid and Medicaid HMOs (Health Partners, Keystone Mercy, Aetna Better Health, United Healthcare Community Plan, Coventry)
- Personal Choice
- Personal Choice 65
- Railroad Medicare
- Tricare PPO
- United Oxford
- Block Vision (Bravo)
- Davis Vision
The images being used are for illustrative purposes only; any person depicted is a model.
Back to Top