More About Women's Health
Drexel University College of Medicine is at the forefront of health care technology and innovation. When our doctors aren't seeing patients, many of them participate in cutting-edge research, which they use to teach the next generation of physicians.
Of course, this research isn't just for the benefit of College of Medicine students. We want to educate you as well. The more information we can provide you, the better you can manage and prevent health-related problems for you and your family.
Below you'll find a list of articles that discuss women's health issues. These articles include information about polycystic ovary syndrome, sexually transmitted diseases, osteoporosis, pregnancy, menopause, and general women's health. If you'd like to speak with a Drexel Center for Women's Health doctor, we encourage you to call 215.762.5181 and schedule an appointment.
Women's Health in the News
No Safe Tan
Dr. Mark Abdelmalek explains why there is no safe tan on NBC's the 10 Show.
Sleep's Role in Weight Loss
Dr. Joanne Getsy discusses sleep's role in weight loss.
Pregnancy and Peanuts: Tricky Truths About Food Allergies
A new study finds that a woman's diet during pregnancy may affect her child. (November 3, 2010)
When It Comes to HPV, Facts Are Facts
It seems like every channel you watch, every paper you pick up, every blog you read—HPV and a vaccine called Gardasil is being debated. (August 2009)
Updates in Women's Health Conference - May 20, 2016
VIEW EVENT VIDEO
- 8:00 a.m. Introduction and Overview – Shailaja Nair, MD, FACP
- 8:10 a.m. Breast Cancer and Risk Reduction – Rene Rothstein-Rubin, MD, FACP
- 8:40 a.m. Cardiovascular Disease in Women: How Do We Close the Gender Gap? – Paulina Gorodin Kiliddar, MD
- 9:10 a.m. Sexuality, Intimacy and the IBD Patient – Neilanjan Nandi, MD
- 9:40 a.m. Knee Pain in the Female Athlete – Thomas Trojian, MD, CAQSM, FACSM
- 10:10 a.m. Osteoporosis: Fragile, Handle with Care – Humaira Hussain, MD
- 10:50 a.m. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction – Asyia Ahmad, MD
- 11:20 a.m. Role of Surgery in Long-term Weight Loss – Andres Castellanos, MD
- 11:50 a.m. The War on Aging: Tasteful Combat – Christina Lee Chung, MD
- 12:20 p.m. Update on Vaginitis: Latest from CDC Guidelines – Paul Nyirjesy, MD
- 12:50 p.m. Closing Remarks – Shailaja Nair, MD, FACP
The information on these pages is provided for general information only and should not be used for diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a physician or health care professional. If you have specific questions or concerns about your health, you should consult your health care professional.
The images being used are for illustrative purposes only; any person depicted is a model.
Back to Top