Preparing for Your Visit at the Drexel Center for Women's Health
The Drexel Center for Women's Health is committed to providing you with the best possible care experience. We strive to address your questions and concerns. One way that you can help to ensure that you get the most out of your appointment with your women's care specialist is by preparing for your visit in advance.
Our primary care doctors will give you a complete physical, including a breast and pelvic exam and a pap smear. Your visit includes a medical history review and we'll address any immediate health care needs. We will refer you for any diagnostic tests or specialists. You can also expect to talk about your long-term health care goals and needs.
Tips for Preparing for Your Appointment
- If this is your first appointment with Drexel Center for Women's Health bring the completed New Patient Questionnaire with you.
Download New Patient Questionnaire [PDF]
- On the day of your visit, bring your insurance card and cardholder information, photo identification and payment for your co-pay.
- Make a list of medications and supplements that you are currently taking (including doses and frequency) and bring it with you.
- Develop a list of questions and any symptoms that you have (including where they are, how long they last and what aggravates or relieves them) and share it with your doctor or nurse practitioner.
- If you are nervous about your appointment or concerned that you may forget important information then bring a friend or a family member who can take notes, drive or ask questions.
Insurance Coverage Accepted by the Drexel Center for Women's Health
It is very important that patients call their insurance company to confirm coverage before visiting the Drexel Center for Women's Health. The Center accepts many major types of insurance including:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Federal
- Blue Cross Out of State
- Highmark Blue Shield
- Bravo Elder Health
- Independence Blue Cross
- Keystone Health Plan East
- Keystone 65
- Personal Choice
- Personal Choice 65
- United Healthcare
Should you have questions regarding your coverage, please call the Drexel Center for Women's Health at 215.762.5181.
The images being used are for illustrative purposes only; any person depicted is a model.