Eye Care Services at Drexel Eye Physicians
Drexel Eye Physicians provide comprehensive eye care, including:
- Eye exams
- Advanced diagnostic testing for glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic, and hypertension retinopathy
- Treatment for corneal diseases, eye emergencies, trauma, thyroid eye diseases, and ocular inflammation
- Personalized recommendations for eye health and preventions
- Precautions for patients with existing health care conditions
Learn more about eye conditions treated at Drexel Eye Physicians.
Our optometrist is the primary eye care health professional, and services rendered may include:
- Well-care eye examinations for all age groups
- General eye health exams to screen for eye diseases (i.e. cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration)
- Failed vision screening exams
- Soft and hard contact lens exams
- Refraction for eyeglasses
- Screening for related systemic conditions affecting the eye such as diabetes and hypertension
- Diagnoses, treatment, and management of various diseases and injuries of the eye
- Prescriptions for eye medications
Optical Care Center
Patients at Drexel Eye Physicians can purchase glasses at the Optical Care Center in our Center City practice location. With designer and affordable frame options available, our team of experts will help you find a pair of glasses that meets your fashion and budgetary needs. For more information about services offered at the Optical Care Center please call 215.762.5151.
Laser Eye Surgery
Drexel Eye Physicians has partnered with TLC Laser Eye Centers to provide laser vision correction to you and your family. Through our partnership with TLC Laser Eye Centers, we offer access to industry-leading technology and surgeons who have performed a combined 2.2 million (and counting) laser vision correction procedures.
Laser eye surgery is a popular option to improve your vision by reducing or eliminating the need for glasses or contact lenses. Many common vision problems, including nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism are caused by distorted and unfocused light that passes through the cornea to your retina. These focusing errors can be corrected by changing the shape of the cornea with laser eye surgery.
Schedule a Free Consultation
For more information and to find out if you’re a candidate for Lasik, please call Drexel Eye Physicians at 215.762.3937.
The first step to vision correction is to schedule a free consultation at Drexel Eye Physicians. During a quick and painless screening, our team will use special instruments and computers to capture hundreds of measurements that map the shape of your cornea. This helps us understand whether you’re a good candidate for surgery and, if so, which laser vision correction procedure is best for you.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of surgical eye procedures, and can now offer the latest laser technologies including:
- Bladeless Lasik
- Custom Wavefront Optimized Lasik
- Custom Wavefront Optimized Photo Refractive Keratectomy (PRK)
After your procedure, all follow up care will be coordinated through your ophthalmologist at Drexel Eye Physicians.
We are able to offer patients a wide range of financing options to make laser vision correction fit within your budget.
Although millions of people have undergone vision correction surgery, we pride ourselves on customized treatment for each of our patients. The most important number to us is one. One patient, one pair of eyes, one treatment at a time.
Drexel and Hahnemann University Hospital Employee Discount
All Drexel and Hahnemann University Hospital employees and their immediate family members qualify for a 20% discount on Lasik procedures. For more information about employee discounts and to schedule a free consultation, please call 215.762.3937.
The information on these pages is provided for general information only and should not be used for diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a physician or health care professional. If you have specific questions or concerns about your health, you should consult your health care professional.
The images being used are for illustrative purposes only; any person depicted is a model.
Back to Top