Women's Care Center at Drexel Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Women's Care Center makes high-quality gynecologic care available to all women. Whether you're a student on the go, a working mother or a senior with multiple health care needs, the Women's Care Center serves as a one-stop shop for the general wellness and specialty care you need. In addition, the Women's Care Center provides services to men, including rapid HIV testing and sexually transmitted infection testing, counseling and treatment.
The Women's Care Center specializes in gynecologic and family planning care for women with limited or no health insurance. It also provides care to many local female students. You can read more about insurance at the Center below. We also have trained counselors on site who can assist uninsured patients in applying for insurance through the Affordable Care Act or Medicaid.
We provide routine well-woman exams, pap tests and breast exams, and treat concerns related to menstruation, menopause and fertility. We also help you to take charge of your own well-being with health education and nutrition counseling programs.
The Women's Care Center Services
- Annual exams and PAP testing
- Treatment for fibroids and pelvic disorders
- Hormonal balance assessments
- Menopause evaluations and treatments, including alternative therapies
- Walk-in pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Prenatal care, including high risk specialty obstetrical care
- Individual nutritional and WIC programs
- Psychosocial counseling services
- Fertility testing and diagnosis
- Tubal ligations
- Specialty clinics, including adolescent obstetrics
Family planning services
- A comprehensive range of contraceptive methods, including emergency supplies, counseling and educational programs
- Contraceptive supplies
- Free condoms
- Birth control pills
- Orthro-Evra™ (the "patch")
- Nuva Ring™ (vaginal contraceptive ring)
- Emergency contraception ("morning-after pill") and copper IUD placement for emergency contraception
Preventive health services for female and male patients
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) risk assessment, testing and treatment
- Rapid testing for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and counseling
- HIV testing done by an oral specimen collection device with results in 20 minutes
Couples' HIV Testing and Counseling Research Study
Are you newly pregnant? Consider joining our study on Couples' HIV Testing and Counseling in a prenatal clinic. Couples HIV Testing and Counseling focuses on sexual partners learning their HIV status together. Once you test together with your partner, you can develop a plan to prevent HIV together. Study participants will be asked to complete some brief questionnaires and will be compensated with up to $25 in gift cards. If you are interested in enrolling, please call Emily Finley, MPH, at 267.507.6623. Download the study brochure (PDF) to learn more.
The Women's Care Center accepts all types of insurance from our patients. We offer reduced or no-fee rates for family planning patients, and teenagers are eligible for confidential services at no charge.
Uninsured patients are welcome to meet with our trained counselors, who can assist them in applying for quality, affordable insurance through the Affordable Care Act or Medicaid.
The information on these pages is provided for general information only and should not be used for diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a physician or health care professional. If you have specific questions or concerns about your health, you should consult your health care professional.
The images being used are for illustrative purposes only; any person depicted is a model.